2011 ICRA Grantees
Molecular Identification and Inhibition of the Deoxygenation-Activated, Calcium-Permeable Cation Channel of The Sickle Erythrocyte, Psickle, a Novel Therapeutic Target for Treatment of Sickle Disease
- Seth L. Alper, M.D., Ph.D.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
NRF2 Induction as Novel Treatment for Sickle Cell Disease
- Jen-Tsan A. Chi, M.D., Ph.D. & Marilyn J. Telen, M.D.
Genomic Approaches to Prevent Red Blood Cell Alloimmunization in Patients with Sickle Cell Disease
- Stella T. Chou, M.D. & Connie M. Westhoff, Ph.D.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia/New York Blood Center
Modeling Sickle Cell Anemia with Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells
- George Q. Daley, M.D., Ph.D.
Children's Hospital Boston
Effects of the Adenosine 2A Receptor Agonist Regadenoson on Sickle Cell Vaso-occlusion and Inflammation
- Joshua J. Field, M.D., M.S. & Jonathan Lindner, M.D.
The Medical College Of Wisconsin, Inc/ Oregon Health Sciences University
Nanoparticle-Mediated Correction of the Sickle Cell Disease Mutation
- Peter M. Glazer, M.D., Ph.D.
Reversal of Sickle Cell-Related Chronic Kidney Disease
- Antonio Guasch, M.D. & Marianne E.M. Yee, M.D., M.Sc.
Effect of Simvastatin Treatment on Vaso-occlusive Pain in Sickle Cell Disease
- Carolyn C. Hoppe, M.D., M.P.H.
Children's Hospital and Research Center Oakland
Preclinical Evaluation of Globin Gene Transfer in Mobilized SCD Patient CD34+ Cells
- Michel Sadelain, M.D., Ph.D. & Patricia A. Shi, M.D., MS
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center/New York Blood Center