2013 ICRA Grantees
Genome Editing of the GWAS-Marked BCL11A Enhancer: An Approach to HbF Reactivation in Sickle Cell Disease
- Daniel E. Bauer, M.D., Ph.D. and Stuart H Orkin, M.D.
Children’s Hospital, Boston and Harvard Medical School
Examination of Human Samples with Somatic Mutations in Hematopoietic Stem Cells to Inform the Biology of Fetal Hemoglobin Induction
- Benjamin L. Ebert, M.D., Ph.D. and Maureen M. Okam, M.D., M.P.H.
Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School
"SCD Biochip": Towards a Simple and Reliable Way to Monitor Sickle Cell Disease
- Umut A. Gurkan, Ph.D. and Jane A. Little, M.D.
Case Western Reserve University
Feasibility and Efficacy of a Home-Based, Computerized Cognitive Training Program in Pediatric Sickle Cell Disease
- Steven J. Hardy, Ph.D. and Kristina K. Hardy, Ph.D.
Children’s National Medical Center
Novel Use Of Hydroxyurea in an African Region with Malaria
- Chandy C. John, M.D.
University of Minnesota
The Effects of Hypoxia on Red Blood Cell-Dependent Thrombin Generation in Sickle Cell Disease
- Nigel S. Key, MB ChB and Kenneth Mann, M.D.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and University of Vermont
Site-Specific Gene Modification in Hematopoietic Stem Cells for Sickle Cell Disease
- Donald Kohn, M.D.
University of California, Los Angeles
Gene Therapy for Sickle Cell Anemia
- Punam Malik, M.D.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Targeting Neutrophil Extracellular Traps in Sickle Cell Disease
- Leslie V. Parise, Ph.D. and Bruce A. Sullenger, Ph.D.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University Medical Center
Accurate and Inexpensive Point-of-Care Diagnosis of Sickle Cell Anemia
- Rebecca R. Richards-Kortum, Ph.D.
William Marsh Rice University
Risk Stratification for Clinical Severity of Sickle Cell Disease in Nigeria and Assessment of Efficacy and Safety during Treatment with Hydroxyurea
- Bamidele Tayo, Ph.D. and Victor R. Gordeuk, M.D.
Loyola University of Chicago and University of Illinois at Chicago