2018-19 ICRF Application Instructions
Review this page before beginning your ICRF application. For general guidance about the program, as well as eligibility requirements, refer to the ICRF Frequently Asked Questions. Links to the application website are below.
A complete application package must include the following seven components. The first six items are the same for each school and must be submitted online, while the seventh varies by school. Be sure to review the application instructions document and complete the checklist that follows to ensure your application is complete before submission:
- Completion of the online common application form;
- A letter of support from the Dean’s office of the medical school in which you are currently matriculated;
- Two letters of support from faculty who can comment on your academic performance and potential for clinical research
- A personal statement;
- A copy of your curriculum vitae;
- A copy of your medical school transcript (unofficial is acceptable);
- The additional materials and/or requirements specified by the school(s) to which you are applying.
Below are detailed instructions for each of the six components required by DDCF.
Complete all sections of the online application form, which requests the following information:
- Your contact information;
- Education history;
- Areas of clinical research you are interested in during fellowship year;
- Schools to which you are applying;
- Description of prior medical and/or research experience in an international setting, if applicable.
Request the letter of support from your dean on the online application form well in advance of the deadline. Your dean will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and will be asked to submit his/her recommendation through the DDCF application site by 11:59 p.m. ET, January 9, 2018.
Request the letters of support from your references on the online application form well in advance of the deadline. Your references will receive an email from email@example.com and will be asked to submit their recommendations through the online DDCF application site by 11:59 p.m. ET, January 9, 2018.
A personal statement must be submitted as a PDF and contain a description of a) your reasons for undertaking global clinical research; b) your plans for future professional or graduate education as well as your long-term career plans; and c) a brief description of your research interests. Please limit the statement to one page, 12 pt. font.
You will need to upload a copy of your CV as a PDF to submit your application. Limit to two pages, 12 pt. font.
Request your medical school transcript well in advance of the deadline. You will need to upload it as a PDF to submit your online application. This can be an unofficial copy.