The mission of the Arts Program is to support artists with the creation and public performance of their work.
About Doris Duke and the Arts
In her will, Doris Duke expressed her interest in assisting “actors, dancers, singers, musicians and other artists of the entertainment world in fulfilling their ambitions and providing opportunities for the public presentation of their arts and talents.” Given this guidance and Doris Duke’s interests during her life, the foundation focuses its support on contemporary dance, jazz and theater artists, and the organizations that nurture, present and produce them.
In creating its grant-making initiatives, the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation (DDCF) identifies needs and opportunities in the fields it supports through conducting research and funding national meetings where artists and managers are engaged to identify their fields' most pressing concerns. Learn more here.
- Chamber Music America's Residency Partnership Program
- Dance/USA Fellowships to Artists
- National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures' Fund for the Arts Puerto Rico Artist Grant
- National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures' Fund for the Arts Pod Grant
- Theatre Communications Group's Audience (R)Evolution Exploration Grant
The Arts Program primarily distributes its support through grants administered by intermediary organizations. These organizations conduct open competitions for funding at various times throughout the calendar year. To see the full list of future opportunities available through these organizations, visit the Arts Program's Support for Artists and Support for Organizations pages.