The Environment Program awards grants by directly inviting organizations to submit proposals that are then reviewed by Doris Duke Charitable Foundation (DDCF) staff and/or the DDCF Board of Trustees. Although unsolicited proposals are not being considered at this time, inquiries about future support for projects that fall within the Environment Program's grant-making strategies can be submitted through a letter of inquiry.
Grant-seekers may be interested in exploring the following re-granting programs that are funded through the Environment Program:
- U.S. Natural Climate Solutions Accelerator Grant, administered by The Nature Conservancy
- The Landscape Conservation Catalyst Fund, administered by the Network for Landscape Conservation
- The Climate Adaptation Fund, administered by the Wildlife Conservation Society
- The Resilient Landscapes Initiative, administered by the Open Space Institute
- The Pacific Northwest Land Protection Grants, administered by The Nature Conservancy
- Climate Resilience Fund