The Environment Program awards grants by directly inviting organizations to submit proposals that are then reviewed by Doris Duke Charitable Foundation (DDCF) staff and/or the DDCF Board of Trustees. Although unsolicited proposals are not being considered at this time, inquiries about future support for projects that fall within the Environment Program's grant-making strategies can be submitted through a letter of inquiry.
View information about the Environment Program's closed competition at Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Capacity Building Program.
Grant-seekers may be interested in exploring the following re-granting programs that are funded through the Environment Program:
- The Landscape Conservation Catalyst Fund, administered by the Network for Landscape Conservation
- The Climate Adaptation Fund, administered by the Wildlife Conservation Society
- The Natural Climate Solutions Accelerator, administered by The Nature Conservancy
- The Pacific Northwest Resilient Landscapes Initiative, a collaborative of the Land Trust Alliance, Oregon Community Foundation, the Seattle Foundation and the Idaho Community Foundation
- NYC Green Relief & Recovery Fund, administered by the City Parks Foundation
- Coordination and Collaboration in the Resilience Ecosystem, administered by the Climate Resilience Fund
- Appalachian Landscapes Protection Fund, administered by the Open Space Institute