Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: 650 Fifth Ave., 19th floor, New York, NY
Reports to: Office Operations Manager
FLSA: Full-Time - Non-exempt
The mission of the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation is to improve the quality of people's lives through grants supporting the performing arts, environmental conservation, medical research and child well-being, and through preservation of the cultural and environmental legacy of Doris Duke's properties. The foundation’s mission, grantmaking programs, museums and centers are guided by Doris Duke’s will and operated through five related philanthropies: the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, the Doris Duke Foundation for Islamic Art, the Duke Farms Foundation and the Doris Duke Management Foundation. Together, the Doris Duke philanthropies support the well-being of people and the planet for a more creative, equitable and sustainable future.
The Doris Duke Charitable Foundation (DDCF) seeks a resourceful, motivated and organized Administrative Assistant to service the main reception area and take on key administrative duties in its midtown office. The Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibilities will be to facilitate the entrance experience for all guests, as well to specialize in mastering certain key duties that support the organized and efficient operation of this grantmaking office. Reporting to the Office Operations Manager, the AA will also collaborate with many colleagues in the organization, including Program Associates, the Executive Assistant to the President and Board Liaison, and other foundation staff. In addition to helping to maintain the office’s operation, this person will support the foundation’s five grantmaking programs with key administrative tasks.
- Assist in areas ranging from purchasing and inventory management, supply organization, common space and kitchen-use protocols, catering, and general office and administrative tasks.
- Maintain a presence at the reception desk to receive visitors and deliveries, connecting people to their desired point of contact, and organizing/routing mail.
- Collaborate with and support Program Associates to handle certain specialized administrative tasks, including vendor and invoice processing, expense reporting, catering, scheduling and meeting logistics (the Administrative Assistant will be trained on all relevant systems/processes).
- With guidance from (and collaboration with) the Office Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant will thoughtfully implement processes that help the office and colleagues to perform optimally, as well as maintain the consistency of office resources.
- Coordinate with the building services teams to facilitate certain repair projects and employee requests.
- Other special projects, determined in collaboration with the Office Operations Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience required.
- 2-plus years relevant experience required.
- Dynamic organizational and computer skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Versatile and adaptable, with ability to manage many projects and several priorities simultaneously.
- Self-motivated team player who works cooperatively and positively with colleagues.
- Established interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your last name followed by “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls or in-person applications, please.
The Doris Duke Charitable Foundation is committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in its work and workplace culture. We provide equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law; and we strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations and communities to apply.